To Make An Appointment
When you call (757-463-3000), Dr. Blackman will speak with you personally and confidentially about your concerns and set up a mutually workable time for a 45-minute consultation in his private office in the Lynnhaven Station Office Bldg. at 101 N Lynnhaven Road, Virginia Beach.
Dr. Blackman's office is designed for confidentiality and privacy. When you arrive, Dr. Blackman's office manager will show you to the private waiting room, where Dr. Blackman will meet you at your appointment time. You will not have to walk through the waiting room again when you leave.
There is no clipboard to fill out. During the consultation, Dr. Blackman will discuss your problems, your current situation, any pertinent history, and begin to help you obtain insight into your problems.
- Certified in Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Certified in Psychoanalysis, Board on Professional Standards, American Psychoanalytic Association
- Distinguished Fellow, American Psychiatric Association
- Fellow, American College of Psychoanalysts
- Edith Sabshin Award, American Psychoanalytic Association
- Dr. Henry P. and M. Page Laughlin Distinguished Teacher Award, American Society of Psychoanalytic Physicians
- Dr. Henry P. and M. Page Laughlin Distinguished Presidential Gold Medal Award, American College of Psychoanalysts
- Beijing, China: Invited Lecturer, Peking University and Beijing Psychological Institute
- Shanghai, China: Invited Lecturer, Jiao Tong Medical School and Fu Dan Medical University
- Hangzhou, China: Invited Lecturer, Zhe Jiang Medical School
- Florence, Italy: Panelist, World Psychiatric Association
- Berlin, Germany: Poster Presentation, International Psychoanalytic Association
- Book translations: Romanian, Chinese, Turkish
- Full Professor of Clinical Psychiatry, Eastern Virginia Medical School in Norfolk, Virginia
- Training and Supervising Analyst, Contemporary Freudian Society-Washington, D.C.
- Civilian Faculty, Naval Medical Center in Portsmouth, Virginia
Psychiatric Expert Services
Dr. Blackman offers expert psychiatric opinions and testimony in selected civil litigation, Workers' Compensation, and certain other cases. Arrangements for these are made with the attorney or agency.
Coverage and Fees
Dr. Blackman covers his own practice 24/7. Fees are billed directly to patients. If patients would like to file for insurance reimbursement, Dr. Blackman will help with any necessary forms.